Monday, July 17, 2006

Boryeong Mud Festival

(Click on the pictures to view full size)
Have you ever wanted to roll around in mud with reckless abandon, like you did when you were a little kid? Well, that's exactly what I've just done... for a whole weekend!



Boryeong... where it's all at.

We went to the Boreyong mud festival about half way up the west coast of Korea. It was a blast. We arrived there about 5pm on Saturday afternoon and with in half an hour of being there we looked like this....


I love a good roll in the mud :)

There was a whole crowd of people from around the country but the number of westerners that crashed this place was amazing. And for the most part, they were all well behaved, with Koreans and Waygook playing and partying side by side.

I have to say, there were a lot of beautiful people!



Cute-e... even covered in mud.

I went down with my friends EJ and Vanessa, but we met people we knew from Seoul, Mokpo, Suncheon and all over. And I don't think there was a person there who didn't get into the spirit of things.



Mum... Where's the hose?


You betcha!



I wonder if he's noticed the shark?

The mud is a lot of fun and there are many ways of applying it. You can roll in it, paint it on, splash into it from a slide, have it thrown on you while you are in jail, or just get it over you from bumping into others but however you get it on you, it feels very strange when it goes dry...



Pick the Albino.

But they say it's good for you. I'm not really sure how true this is, but the girls seemed to take it as gospel.



Well... they say it's good for your skin?!?



When they say "she applies her make-up
with a paintbrush", I've always assumed
it was a figure of speech. Guess I was wrong.

All in all the entertainment was great.



Aww... aint that prurrdy



Mud wrestle anyone?



Two happy chaps.

But after all this fun and entertainment, you can get a little worn out.



The morning after the night before... 12 in a room. How cosy.

Well worth checking out. I know I'll be back next year!

I have to say a special thanks to EJ for organizing all of this and for being our chauffeur for the weekend.
Thanks EJ. You're the greatest.

To see more photos from this crazy event, check out my flickr site: goulash75

4 comments:

Jen @ Light Enough to Travel said...

Wicked post, Stu. Thanks for being so thorough!

Brent said...

Wow! I agree! Awesome post! How did you keep your camera alive in all the chaos?

Anonymous said...

Hey Stu... you look, uh, a little muddy. How's the skin feel today.. smooth as a baby's bum??

Goulash said...

My skin is now peachy smooth!

That place was sooo much fun. You's gotta go next year!!!