Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wandoville....

So I've just moved to Wando. Island of Jung Bo Go the Emperor of the sea, place of great beaches and lots of fish!

It's been a hectic week. I had a crazy Friday, finishing at my old school with a picnic day. It was a great way to end my year at Yeongsanpo. I got to hang out with the kids outside the classroom and have some fun with them. I'm really going to miss those kids. They were wonderful!

After school finished, I went out to dinner with my workshop teachers and then on to a bar to meet the newbies. Not that many of then were new. Half of the teachers there were people who've lived in Korea before and are returning for another stint. Got home about 11pm and in bed by midnight.

Up early the next morning and went down to Wando with most of my gear. I basically dumped it in Nicola's / my apartment and went straight around to meet my new co-teachers. I can't believe how many young, english speaking teachers there are here. It's great! As long as the kids don't run rough-shod over me, I think I'll enjoy teaching here.

So from the school, I jumped in my car and headed over to Mokpo for Carol's B'day party. (Photo's coming soon)
It started as a BBQ in the park, then I headed over to a Tony and Miji's place to have a couple of drinks and get ready for the 80's party. I've gotta say, those pair are CRAZY... but in a good way.
:)

On to P-Club and the night finished at a rather late hour.

Up again early the next day and I did a mad dash back to Wando (about 1.5 hours), picked up Chad and Nicola and drove up to Yeongsanpo (2 hours) to pick up my motorbike. Then I rode the bike and Chad drove back down to Wando (2 hours).
Five and a half hours driving and little sleep is wearing this guy down a bit.

Next morning I turned up at my new school and started teaching straight away, finishing mid afternoon and jumping back on my bike to do the round trip to Wando again, for some administrative stuff.

I think if things remain this hectic for long, I'm gonna have to clone myself to get everything done!

(Oh yeah, I don't have internet at home yet, so blogs might be updated a little less often, till I do. )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. Canada is great, but the time change is absolutely ridiculous.

Internet is SLLLLLOOOOOOOOOW.

Glad that you are adjusting well to Wando.

See you in a month (flyout date is May 22-ish)

Anonymous said...

update

your

blog

grrrrrrr

V.