Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Introducing "Billie" my new Beemer.

I have finally done it! I am now the proud new owner of a BMW... a BMW motorcycle that is.

I've finally got around to buying the bike that I hope some day in the not too distant future, will carry me around the world.

It's big, it's black and it's beautiful.

Within the first 3 days, I'd almost racked up 1000km's on the clock. (for a funny story, check out Virginia's blog here) This machine is amazing. How could the Germans be SO far in advance of all other manufactures? They just seem to know how to get things right.

So for those interested, the stats:





Engine TypeSingle Cylinder, Water Cooled, Four-Stroke, DOHC, 4 valves

Displacement652 cc

Fuel capacity 4.0 U.S. gallons / 15 L

Seat height 78.5 cm

Dry weight (excluding options & accessories) 176 kg

Wet weight (excluding options & accessories) 192 kg

Tires Front: 19 in. Rear: 17 in

Brakes Front: 1 disc, 2 piston caliper; Rear: 1 disc, 1 piston caliper;

Final drive 520 O-Ring Chain

It also has the added options of heated handgrips, electronics plug, raised windscreen, ABS brakes (with an on/off switch for off-road riding) and front fork fenders.


This is my new baby!

2 comments:

Ms Parker said...

Ride safe, Stu.

Red Devil and I are looking forward to our next meeting with Billie.

xoxo

Virginia

Brent said...

That is awesome! You are the "perfect" Foreign teacher! You are a reasonably good teacher (honestly, I have no idea) and you spend ALL of your money IN Korea!

ATTA BOY!

PS - 600+CCs is a beast!