Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Randomness of Korean Car Washes

So I took my car for a drive to find a car wash this afternoon. It's just a tad dirty since the whole block has been turned into a construction site and the friendly workers decided to pour cement over my car and didn't bother washing it off. That plus the fact that every time it rains here, a nice (approximately inch thick) layer of dust that settles on it makes it look like I've taken it out-back for a month, means that it wasn't the cleanest car in town.

I finally find a place that has an automatic car wash and I stop to line up for it. He tells me I'm second in line. Ok... no worries I don't mind waiting. Then a lady turns up in a car and she is told to park her car and leave the keys in the door. Mind you, we are both in a spare allotment across the street and well away from the actual car wash. Anyone could come and jump in and drive away. But she seems to think this is normal and off she goes.

Well, the guy finally finishes washing the car and so I go to pull into the "next car" waiting area. As I'm pulling it, he motions for me to go to the "self service" wash area. You know... the place that bascially has a hose and a broom for you to wash your own car. I motion to the automatic wash and he just looks at my car and says NO! And points again to the self service wash.

Apparently he was afraid my car would make his car wash too dirty!

On top of this, he wouldn't show me which buttons I had to press to get the machine to work. So out of a whole minute and a half on the clock... I got a whopping 30 seconds to use the machine.

Bugger going back there again. Next time I'll get a broom and bucket and do my own bloody car!!!

1 comment:

Ms Parker said...

*snicker*

Betty was too dirty for the car wash.... that's funny.