Sunday, August 06, 2006

More on Buddha...

Continuing on my Buddhist theme... Do Buddhists believe in hell?

I always considered Buddhism as a fairly happy kind of religion where if you did something wrong in this life, you would simply be put lower down on the ladder in the next life and would have to work hard to make up for it. I never thought you would get sent to a place like this....


Dinner?


Taking prisoners?


Ouch!

I found these rather gruesome pictures on the side of a temple near Naju. So I asked one of my friends about this and there is some good news for my Buddhist friends... It is a type of hell, but not in the Christian view that you will be sent there for all eternity. That's right folks... the happy Buddha will let you out to try again.

I knew a fella that looks like this

can't be bad.

2 comments:

Jeff C. said...

I've read a few books on Buddhism (but I'm not going to go preach it in the jungle) and I've never heard them talk of hell. I think they do have evil spirits which do those things, but if you're bad, you'll just end up being reincarnated as Kevin Federline's undershirt.

Anonymous said...

An excellent post!